Monday, March 24, 2008

First haircut


Little Mister turned 1 on wednesday the 19th; and it was clearly time for the FIRST haircut. I struggled with this for the simple reason that my little baby is an official toddler. The soft sweet baby face is transfered to a much more grown-up big boy look with an attitude of independence.



I saved every lock of hair, tied half of it with a light blue satin ribbon and the rest in a little clear baggie for his scrapbook. At first Little Mister was just annoyed at being in a chair and Mama touching his head, then he was upset with a few screams, and when Mama still did not heed; he went for an all out meltdown. The job got done, a quick little bath, and then to bed.



I was struck with sadness when indeed my little baby face was no longer, he was fast asleep in his crib and there was my "big boy"!

2 comments:

Elizabeth...mommy...etc said...

this post actually made me tear up...b/c i'm thinking the same thing...my little Tulip is growing from baby to toddler so fast! but...i'm going to let her curls turn into an afro, no hair cuts any time soon for her. :-) Little Mister's new do looks great! you did a good job. *elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I also can't believe how fast they are growing up. It's a good thing you're getting the hair cutting of little boys down pat because you're going to have to do my little guy when it's time. Katrina