Saturday, July 26, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
I remember my wedding day like it was yesterday, it's been 4 1/2 wonderful years. I felt like I was the queen for a day, and my hubby treats me like the queen all the time.
I loved the hundreds of candles everywhere. The church had about 150 and the reception had over 300. I loved the gazebo in the center the featured my gorgeous wedding cake that Mom made.
I love loved my wedding dress. It was the very first one I tried on. The owner of a cute little boutique looked at me when I walked in and said she had the dress for me, I tried it on and it fit to the tee. I did put it on hold to try on others but went back and got it at a great price of $350.00. The train was amazing and that was what sold me on it.
The walk down the isle was so exhilerating, and to walk to my prince charming and to see the look adoration for me was so heart warming.
One of my favorite moments that gave me goosebumps; I had a dutch song printed on scrolls since my husband and I both came from the amish and we had lots of friends and family at the wedding that did as well. In english the song is called 'God is love' and it is a popular song at amish weddings. That song was sung by all who knew it and i got goosebumps and was an emotional moment for me and don't even really know why.
The wedding kiss was so fun , cool, amazing and yummy. My new husband dipped me and then all the groomsmen had little cards in they're pockets with a number on it rating our kiss. (I did not realize this untill after the honeymoon when I saw the pictures. loved it tho)
The bestman was my husband's best friend and was amish, he also works with horses and when the pastor asked for the ring he gave it and my sweetie took it and all of a sudden noticed that it wasn't the ring he was expecting. the best man made a ring out of a horse shoe nail and glued a bead into it as a joke. I still have the ring and it does fit.
I remember the emotions the I felt leaving our reception as husband and wife and driving to our bridal suite in a victorian mansion b&b for our wedding night before heading to our honeymoon destination. It truly was a day of Wedded Bliss!
You can read more on our love story and see a few scrapbook pages of our wedding here.
The memories and the things that made me feel good about our wedding day are endless.
I enjoyed this trip down memory lane, Thanks Elizabeth.
God Bless Christina
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Despite all the dirt and and the cloud of dust that always lingered behind good ole pig pen, he was still loveable and one of my favorite characters of Charlie brown. And just the same I love my very own authentic "pig pen's"
God bless and have a great day, Christina
Monday, July 21, 2008
I got another award! Yeah!
Vixbil is a fellow blogger and I love reading about her adventures in mommy world. She gave me this award and last week and am so excited to start the week off giving it back to the other s I enjoy reading. So, go and catch up with Vixbil and enjoy the blogs I give this award too.
1. new*me- Annette found me and started visiting me and I am glad that she did. She is on the same path of health and weigh down that I am on and she is a busy Mom as well. Recently she had an awakening that it's time to take care of herself, so she can be the best mom in the long run to her fabulous children. She has a cute blog and I love reading about her days.
2. Queen to my 3 boys- Amy is a Mom to all boys and I love to here the stories she has, she also takes awesome photo's and displays a fabulous sense of humor in her writing.
3. a mom's heart- Tiffany is also a fairly new blog that I have been enjoying. She has a super cute blog, and she has super cute children. Her heart is always looking to be filled with God's love and showing love to others. She is also a must read.
4. 4 little men- What an awesome blog, I get tired just thinking of the all the things she must have to do and she is super young too. She has 4 little boys and is expecting twins in 2 months. Great read!
5. busy mom of 4- Lisa says it all in blog title, she has four beautiful children and loves to encourage other mom's along the way. This blog is filled with exciting stories that at times keep you at the edge of your seat wanting more, and lot's of humor in the normal day to day things.
6. Jessica- Jessica is a blog I read but don't coment on very often, I am a lurker at times. She is a scrapbooker and I love that she writes with energy. She is a new mommy and and has just shared her birthing expierience with us. I tjought it would be nice if we just sent some well wishes her way.
7. mommy etc.- And, last but not least is elizabeth, It would not be right to me, not to give her this award. I always read her first. She is my cousin and great friend, and I love catching up and seeing what she comes up with next. She has feel good friday and mr. linky every friday and it is super cool. I encourage you to check it out and join feel good friday this week.
Now for the rules,
Put the logo on your blog.Put a link to me (who awarded it to you) on your blog also.You need to nominate 7 other bloggers for the award and put links to them also on your blog. Finally, leave a comment for those you've nominated - so they know they've received a special award
Enjoy getting to know these great blogs! God Bless, Christina