Saturday, July 5, 2008

Weight loss challenge celebration 2

On Thursday night I had my final class for the second weight loss challenge that I attended. I was so pleased the results for yself and other participants.
My friend Amber has really stepped it up and focused the last couple weeks and lost almost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. so proud of her. She could have easily beat me in this competition had she started that even 6 weeks ago.
We also had a husband and wife team that I am so proud of. They are Manuel and Karen and they made a decision together to lose weight and get more healthy. Manuel came in at 11.4% (i think) weight loss which put him in 1rst place, and Karen came in at 9.3% weight loss and that put her into 3rd place. Great job and keep it up team!
And that still leaves 2nd place open. I won 2nd place with a total of 10.4% weight loss. For my year to date 24week weight loss totals , I have lost a total of 51.1 pounds, 51.75 inches, and 20.76% total body fat. I am half way to my end of year goal and very pleased with the coaching and mentorship I recieved to help me reach this so far. We had many other victories in the class as well, one I will still mention is Diana, she was the biggest inch loser with a total of 20inches lost. how incredible!
I was thinking what 50 pounds would look like.
Imagine ...
100 sticks of butter
10 bags of flour
16.66 cans of crisco shortening
53 regular jars of peanut butter
53 boxes of cherrios

anyway you get the idea, I should and do feel much lighter.
God Bless, Christina

9 comments:

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

You have a great class--congrats on the awesome loss :)

Elizabeth said...

WOW WOW WOW...that is amazing!!!! You have totally whipped the competition!

Mari said...

Wow - that is really good. I'm proud of you!

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Absolutely INCREDIBLE! You are awesome, Christina. It just goes to show what you can to when you put your mind to it. Once again you have inspired me, and I'm going to really buckle down this week. I've lost some, but not nearly as much as I should have by now.
Doing a happy dance for you! :) Congrats!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

100 sticks of butter?!?! That's something else! Good on ya!

I bet you feel like a million bucks!

Wendi said...

WOO-HOO!! :) It's been so fun to be a part of this journey with you and share in your victory! What a great accomplishment!

Elena said...

Good job! Congratulations on your weight loss:)

Vixbil said...

CONGRATULATIONS, that is such an awesome achievement.
xxxx

katrina said...

Congratulations! You look so awesome. You are a good motivator for me to stick with it. I'll do just what you did. I pray that you class will go really well.