Fun and recipes!

I am very excited, my cousin is in town visitng from 22 hours away or something like that. Anyway, she and her darling Tulip are coming over in a bit for lunch and to catch up on life. Yes, my cousin is mommy etc.... I am looking forward to seeing Tulip as well, she growing up so fast and since they live so far away I feel we miss so many special moments that build upon a relationship. She and my Little Mister are only a couple months apart but haven't had many opportunities to play together, so today's the day. YEAH!!

Yesterday was also a great day. My best friend Layla has a new serious boyfriend. He lives three hours away so we had not gotten the opportunity to meet him. Last night they came over with a few other friends for dinner and a bom fire. He is very much a gentleman and we did get a great feeling about him in the sense that we think he is a great guy for our dear friend Layla. I grilled potatoes and cheese burgers and had roasted red peppers and onions for the topping and then baked butternut squash. Dan (the boyfriend) was great and while Layla was at work did get some fresh fruit and cut up a fruit salad that was a perfect compliment to our meal. We started a bomfire and had smores and ice tea. I wish I would have taken pictures but I didn't think about it , but I took pint and quart jars and glued bright tissue paper on the outside of it and then put wire around the top to hang it from tree branches and put votives inside to illuminate them. They were super cute and did shed a little extra light as well.

now for the recipe, I had a request for my spagetti sauce recipe that I can. I use it over burrito's for pizza, all pasta and even my meatloaf and it's great.

Spagetti sauce

1/2 bushel tomatoes made into juice (approx 10-12 qts.)
1 1/2 cups sugar (I use agave nectar )
2 red bell pepper chopped
2 green bell pepper chopped
3 lbs. onions chopped
2 bulbs garlic chopped
1 lb carrotts chopped
1 lb fresh mushrooms chopped
1 cup olive oil
Cook this for one hour, then add:

1/2 cup sea salt
2 tbsp oregano
2 tbsp basil
2 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp parsley
8- 6ounce cans of tomato paste if you want it super thick add 10-12 cans.
1 tbsp thyme
Cook for another hour stirring periodically, an 18 quart roaster works well too.

Have about 15-16 quart jars and lids and rings ready and fill with the hot sauce (keep the sauce on low while filling jars) and lid right away. They should seal with in an hour.

This is a very easy recipe and I hope you like it.
God Bless and have a great day, Christina

Popular Posts