Thursday, September 4, 2008

I have continued on my weight loss journey this summer, not as fiercely as when I was a part of the competition but am being faithful and I love my eating lifestyle. It truly is how I will eat the rest of my life. Anyhow I was expieriencing mild frustration with my scale that the pounds were not disappearing as quick as it is supposed to. I went shopping for new jeans with my husband on sunday and grabbed a size 16 womens (I had just fit into a size 18 womens on july 4rth) anyway, I tried them on and they fit great but still a little loose in areas that were not the most flattering, so I went to the misses department and grabbed a pair of 16 misses and tried those on. OH MY GOSH!! They fit and I was so super excited. So my barely 6 lb loss was not so bad when I realized that I was dropping inches. I also realized over the weekend that I have ankles, Oh yeah, and I think they are bordering sexy! My husband has been laughing at me because I keep looking at my ankles!
Well have a great thursday and let me know how your journey to a healthier you is going.
God Bless, Christina

6 comments:

new*me said...

ankle victory! My feet have lost too and it is funny how even your feet benefit from weight loss. What an accomplishment to get into smaller jeans too! You ought to be proud and hold you head high in those jeans and sexy ankles ;)

Elena said...

Sounds like things are going great. Congratulations on your size 16 jeans:) Yes, the fall pictures on my blog are in my home town. We truly are blessed here!

Candy said...

that's so exciting!!!

i actually don't trust my scale. I'm training for a marathon right now.....but I'm GAINING weight....but my size is not really changing(?)

then I learned it's because muscle weighs more than fat.

so now when I gain weight...I just convince myself that I'm getting stronger.

AS ARE YOU. mentally...physically....and spiritually.

Keep up the great work.

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Right on, girl! So excited for you...there is nothing quite like the feeling of fitting into smaller jeans. :)I just went down a size too and was THRILLED.

Jori said...

Just wanted to send congratulations on the sexy ankles. You have done amazing, and SHOULD be proud of your new look!

Wendi said...

Yay! It is always great to hear of your progress. I love that you made your eating habits a life style, not just a temporary diet.