Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recipes

I have had a request for a couple recipes so I thought I would share.

One is the recipe for my

Crockpot juice Pork chops

6-8 1 inch thick pork loin chops
1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsps cornstarch
1 can mandarin oranges or 1/2 can pineapple chunks

Place pork in crockpot, then mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir except for fruit. Pour juice mixture over pork then pour fruit and the juice over the pork. Cook on high setting for approx 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. I serve this with sauteed vigis and rice or pasta noodles. Use the glaze with your pasta or rice. I also add some soy sauce with my vegi's.

Next is my

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups pancake mix
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 tsp cinnomin
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp melted butter

mix all ingredients and add milk to the consistancy you like you batter. I like mine a little thicker. You can also add in raisins. These were so good. Easy but healthier than many recipes.

Have a great day, Christina

3 comments:

Mari said...

Yummy - those pork chops sound wonderful! (I don't really like pancakes but my family would like them!)

Elizabeth said...

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR RECIPES...HOW DID THE U/S GO??????

hehehehe...you know i'm teasing about the food (you have great recipes) but I definitely am running over to your blog to see how your appt went! Even if you don't tell us what the gender is...tell us how it went!!!!!

can't wait to hear!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Oh those look yummy! Always looking for new recipes! I love using pumpkin in stuff (and since canned is always in season I use it often!) I'll have to try the second very soon!