Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ultrasound update!

We had a fun morning with our ultrasound. The boys were very curious, and waving to baby. I am so glad I took them in to see this. The tech had a split screen up and so it was showing 2 babies. Big Mister was so excited that Momma has 2 babies. We tried to explain that there is only ONE Baby but 2 pictures. It made for a cute story and I loved pointing out the hands and feet , but the favorite body part amongst the boys was the nose. They were very chatty about the nse and oh so cute. The tech asked if we wanted to know the gender and we presented our request for her to write it down and seal it in an envelope. She didn't look at us funny as it appears many do this. So we have our little secret in a keepsake box and it will more than likely follow us to the hospital on the Birth Day! I will at this point purchase outfits for both, and keep reciepts as I did with Big Mister. I find this exciting but one sister called me 'Wierd'. That's okay I'll be a little wierd.
All in all a great expierience for our family, it made me want to rush the time a bit more but much to do to prepare so I will keep our bundle warm till then. My accurate due date is now August 3rd, altho it is a scheduled c-sec so will still be in July.
Have a great day and don't forget to check out the recipes below,
Christina

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

it's a girl...just my 2 cents worth!!!!! So excited you got to see your healthy baby no matter what gender! Are you and hubby agreed on for names?

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

How fun! We did the envelope too but opened right after at lunch--I just can't wait that long :) And I don't think you are being weird at all :)
I am so happy baby is happy and healthy!

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Hey, Aug. 3rd is my brothers birthday! :)

And I say...go ahead and be "weird"...it's gonna be SUCH a fun surprise to wait and see. That's what we did with Savannah, and although it killed me not to find out during the pregnancy, I was so happy with the wonderful surprise at the end.

Glad your little misters got to go along and see...such memories!

Mari said...

What a fun day. I think it's great you included the boys in this. It will be a fun memory for at least big mister! I think the envelope idea is a good one!

Amanda said...

I'm so happy for you all that all is well with the new bundle of joy!
I think it's a great idea with what you have done with the envelope ~ but i would have to open it!! lol!

Love and hugs,
Amanda x

Vixbil said...

How exciting what a great day
xx

Elena said...

That is so sweet that your boys got to see the baby!

Anonymous said...

Well, you surely are NOT weird! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear the good news!

Love, brandalyn