My Honey!

I just recently did this page of my husband for my family scrapbook. DW and I have been together almost 4 yrs and 8 mo. and married for 4yrs. and and a couple weeks. We met at a business meeting and was asked to make a few closing comments; When standing at the front with a room full of people I only saw one face with a spectacular smile. That was the face of my ow husband. You may ask "why is this so special?"; I had never met DW, and the clincher was that he was an Amish man and I was not an amish woman. On my way home I was on the phone with a very close cousin of mine and I told her my infatuations and I think that DW is "The One"! Whoa! I know! I had not even had a conversation with this, in my opinion, gorgeous man, and I was thinking marriage at some point in my life for the rest of my life with him.
If you know anything about the amish faith you'll know they do not take it litely when you leave the faith or if you are an outsider trying to convert one of they're own. I came from an amish background myself and still have a lot of family in the faith and knew very well how difficult the transition would be.
So, I knew he was "The One", but did he? No, he did not! I started just being there as someone he could confide in and of my wheels were always available for his convienience.
Nine months later on the eve before the fourth of july, he told me he was in love with me while on a long telephone conversation. Woo Hoo!! It was 3mo later that he left the amish faith and began his walk with God at my church(non-denominational)another 1 1/2 months later he proposed and we were married 4mo later.
It was a whirlwind and I am just as In Love now as was then if not more and look forward to each new year with my beloved. His smile is still so amazing to me and gives me the same butterflies as the very first time I saw him. As a special gift to him I played a recording of me singing "When you say nothing at all" at our wedding.

This is my love story, and I
would love to hear yours!







Popular Posts