Friday, May 30, 2008

Weightloss Class!

I know I haven't posted about my weightloss in a couple weeks, but I have been everywhere. (makes me think of that song 'I've been everywhere, man") The previous couple 0f weeks were tough, I was away helping my sister and then it was my birthday, so the 2nd and 3rd week of May was not good. I actually gained 1/2 of a pound. This past week was good however, I lost my half of a pound I gained plus another 2 lbs. Yeah, back on track. I only have 4 weeks left of this challenge and i need to lose a good 10-12 pounds if I stand a chance of winning 1rst or 2nd place in the contest. I need to lose 18.5 lbs to reach my goal that I had set for myself by the end of my 12 week challenge. That would mean 4.3 pounds per week. Unrealistic but if I don't push myself I won't succeed in any goal. I forget the importance of fiber in my diet and so I am pushing for 45+ grams of fiber per day. Each gram of Fiber will eliminate 7 calories of fat from my body. which would total 315 calories per day which is 3/4 pound in a week. so if I do my math I think 72 grams of fiber per day will eliminate a whole pound in a week. I am shooting for a 5 pound loss this week. It is a steep goal, but if I don't shoot big I will miss it completely. Anyway, God Bless & have a great Friday!

6 comments:

Mari said...

Good for you for getting back on track! That's the most important thing - to just keep at it. It's the part I have the hardest time with.

Wendi said...

You can do this! You have had awesome success so far!! I'm cheering you on. :)

Lisa said...

I am trying to lose weight right now too--you are such an inspiration. One thing I would do, is take pair of fitting but a bit too tight jeans--put them on once a week to see if they get loser.
Sometimes the scale is not honest meaning muscle weighs more than fat so if you lost 2 pounds of fat but gained 2 pounds muscle, the scale would say no loss BUT the jeans would tell a whole different story!

Wani said...

If you're interested www.settingcaptivesfree.com has a really good weight/eating issues course called The Lord's Table. Both my husband and I went through it and saw results not just in our weight but in our spiritual life too. Keep up the good work!

virginia said...

I know you will reach your goals yet,you've come so far already.One thing I have learned is consistency pays off so just keep trucking.

Anonymous said...

I know you can reach your goal! You have the determination. Now it time for me to lose my weight now that the baby is born. Pray for me. Katrina