Saturday, July 12, 2008

the little things...

I was reminded yesterday that what appears as a little thing to us insn't always so for the one on the other end. I had a full day of paperwork and needed to run to the store this morning for rice milk and oil. I packed up the kiddos and it was a beautiful day and Big Mister knows that the wal-mart deli has (his favorite) popcorn chicken. So I ask him, "Big Mister want chicken at the park? and you know the response without me telling you, but is was "SUURRE". so we went and got a couple of yogurts, chicken at the deli, and we were off to the park. The boys ate they're lunch and were off to discover the the slides and the dirt.
It wasn't untill numerous hours later when they're daddy came that I really saw how much this little unplanned event at the park meant.
Big Mister was filled with excitement as he was telling his daddy all about his time at the park and I had long forgotten already. I was reminded that it is okay that the dishes haven't been done in 24 hours, the floors need a mopping, and paper work was waiting, the days of our little ones aren't always going to be, they too will grow to be adults and have children and I want them to see that the little things are indeed the most important.
God Bless and have a great weekend,
Christina

12 comments:

Mari said...

You are right about the work waiting - sounds like you had a good day.

katrina said...

It is so easy to forget to take time out for those little things. We get so busy with life, we need to remember that our children are our life. Thanks for that little reminder.

Tiffany said...

I definately agree with you! What a blessing our children are!

Elizabeth said...

yes yes yes...it is okay! :-) i did that over the weekend...skipping some of teh normal essentials for some other priorities (they weren't fun though...organizing all the "junk" I need to sell on craigs list)...but all the other chores waited for me & I did them today...mind you, with Tulip on my hip worn on me with my moby wrap...she DID NOT want to be put down & Esquire was busy working downstairs on his closing argument for his trial this week. BUT...it was worth it to get much needed stuff done earlier in the weekend. loved your story!

4funboys said...

what a great post...

and I enjoyed your playlist while I read too!!!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Funny how those things work.
Good for you for keeping things straight :)

Jori said...

Days at the park were always so much fun. I miss those times. Enjoy them while you can - they are gone in the blink of an eye.

new*me said...

hi.....linked over from HYC. I have 4 incredible blessings and love being a mommy too. My son is 7 and loves walmart popcorn chicken too :) Feel free to visit my blog anytime!

virginia said...

That is so true .I need to make more time for the little things that are so big to our children[and husbands].

new*me said...

Thanks for visiting! You asked if I was following a program or "winging" it? I started out doing Atkins to a T but have kind of changed to a modified version or it and You on a Diet. I have eliminated all simple sugars and cut down on carbs....especially in the evening. When I do have starches, it is the brown time and small portions......whole wheat bread, brown rice and pasta, etc.

Elizabeth said...

miss you...hope you are doing okay

Wendi said...

This was great for me to read today. I feel like I am sooo behind on housework. Sometimes I walk into other peoples homes and think - "Wow, I may never get this caught up". It's dificult for me right now to find a good balance (such a key word). I want a nicely welcoming, well organizef home. But making time to do all of those things - go to the park, push the guys in the swings, read books w/them - can take up the day.
I'm glad you shared this. :)