Tuesday, July 29, 2008

pages and berries...

I love it when my days are filled with picking blueberries and scrapbooking more pages of my little darlings. Since I have my new scrapbooking area almost done, I have been using it and love how convenient it is and get more done. I have been working on Little Mister's first year and I finally finished his first fourth of july pages. We go to the 4rth parade, and that is the extent of our day untill fireworks or a cookout on some years. It's different every year but the parade is the big deal.

I hope you like my pages. I was pleased with them in the end.

I managed to get ten quarts of bluberries last night which is aproximately 12 pounds. It cost me my time 1 1/2 hours and $12.00. I know one of the local farm markets sells a ten pound box for $2.40/ lb., and that is why I pick. I saved myself over half in cost and I got the enjoyment of nature and the sun was starting to set low, with the birds singing I thought it was a beautiful evening. I used to always love going in the morning, oh was that relaxing and the peacefulness was almost magical. But then I had children and there is nothing relaxing and peaceful about taking two bored children berry picking.

Well I better go the list is still intact although I am shocked and excited to say I did get all six loads of laundry washed. folded, and put away yesterday. Today i need to check the garden, ignore the weeds, and I "want" scrap a little and play with my little darlings.

God Bless and have a great day,

Christina

12 comments:

katrina said...

That is really cheap for blueberries. I wish we had that around here. The pages look really good.

Elizabeth said...

you are putting me to shame, christina...what did i do last night while you were watching the sunset and picking God's Berries...I was watching shark week.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I love picking blueberries--this summer has just been too hot for it!
The weeds will always be here--the little darlings will not. Good choice!

Manuela said...

Oh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE blueberries. Unfortunately, the pick your own place by me is rather far so it's just as pricey in gas as it is to get them at the market.

Cute scrapbook pages!

Jessica's Journey To Being One Hot Mom! said...

Those pages look fantastic! Great job! I think they are adorable.

Blueberries...yummy!

MoziEsmé said...

Gorgeous pages - I need to do mine! Enjoy those blueberries - I'm hungry!

new*me said...

i love blueberries and eat so many of them. They are my dessert these days. Your pages are beautiful ;)

Mari said...

I love your pages! I have to get working on mine.

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Love your pages! They turned out great!

Just thinking of all those wonderfully cheap blueberries has my mouth watering. I would love to pick my own, but as far as I know there is no place around here...so I just keep paying good money for them at the store.

Vixbil said...

Your scrapbooking is beautiful you are truly talented, what with that and your garden
xx

The Broken Man said...

Thoae pages are great - my wife keeps a scrapbook for me, as I have memory problems and find it difficult to keep track of things.

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Purple Teacup said...

I need you to come down here and plan my garden for me!!!