Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend recap and looking ahead...

This weekend was filled with many activities and all the fun that summer has to offer.
Saturday DW had to work on a roof, so my best friend Layla and her little sister came and picked up the boys and I and we went swimming. There is a nice little park about ten miles away that has a beautiful little beach and swimming area. The boys had a ton of fun with Sara and Layla and I just got top relax and watch the kids play.
Yesterday we were invited to a summer cookout for our couples sunday school class. We went to the home of our teachers, and a very large and beautiful home it was. Shelley had it set up like a luau, and did an amazing job. They had a couple of slip and slides set up for the kids and volleyball and chit chat for the adults. We left Little Mister with my friend Layla for the evening so I could actually relax and visit. That was so nice, I can't even tell you how nice.
Now for looking ahead, Today is definately laundry and maybe finish the 4rth scrapbook pages, then this evening I will go picking bluberries with a few friends. I am hoping that the berries are loaded and ripe for fast picking. I want at least 3 ice cream pails full but hoping for 4.
Tommorrow it will be garden day. pick whats ready and do a little weeding and freeze more green beans. And who knows maybe a little more scrapping. I love having my own little space to where I can work on it alittle here and there.
Wednsday will be an outing with the boys at a garden and sculpture park. We took Big Mister when he was about 6 months old and so am looking forward to taking Little Mister. They have a large variety of gardens and a great childrens area. the rest of the week I also have lots going and will share more then. In the mean time have a great day and I will make my rounds visiting.
Christina

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

speaking of laundry...i better get off the computer...the islandy party sounds great!!!

Elena said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and a lot of fun. We have been enjoying blue berries as they are in the height of season here too. My husband puts them in our oatmeal and in our pancakes and they are so yummy!

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Umm...can I please go blueberry picking with you? :)