Saturday, August 23, 2008

Keeping my pinkies crossed!

A while back I mentioned that I was considering going back to work part-time. I have come to the conclusion that I do need the time away and that the boys will actually enjoy being around other children as well. I did put in a couple of apps, one at my old job we'll call it bank #1 and then another at a credit union. I was really hoping to get a postion at the credit union since the hours were perfect and the pay scale is awesome starting is more than I have ever made in my life. At Bank #1 I would be working with my best friends and where I am familiar, but the pay scale is literally 4-5 dollars less per hour and the hours are 4-8 hours less than what I want. Well, on friday I got a call from the credit union and they have asked me to come in for an interview for a position 1 mile from my house. I am so excited at the possibility and a little nervous since I have'nt been out in the working world for a little over 3 years. I guess I just use my incredible wit and charm to win them over! HA HA!! LOL!
DW is happy for me and I think is also welcoming the relief of the 'fianacial stretch' we'll call it.
I look forward to seeing you all in a few days when I get back from my fun in the sun weekender!
God bless, Christina

8 comments:

Mari said...

That's exciting! Have a good weekend too.

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Good for you! Praying that it goes well during your interview...knock 'em dead with your charm, I know you can do it. :)

heather j said...

I love my time away, only because it makes me appreciate the time I spend with Josiah all the better. But for me the only way I could feel that way was with a wonderful daycare provider :) I don't know what your situation is, but I am pretty sure that my daycare will be accepting people. She is out of her home and a wonderful Christian woman that even leads devotions with the kids every day. Several of the parents of the kids go to the same church. Let me know if you are interested. you don't have to publish this post, especially since it got so long, but I just thought I would let you know. Good luck with the decision and all that comes with it, I will keep you in my prayers :)

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

What fun news! best of luck and I hope you get it!

Enjoy that fun in the sun weekend!

Jori said...

Congratulations! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

It's tough going back to work, but I'm sure you will be able to make it work for you!

Jessica's Journey To Being One Hot Mom! said...

Good luck with the interview! Can't wait to hear about it.

Elizabeth said...

keep us updated!!!

new*me said...

hope you get it. I am looking forward to going back to work in a couple years when the twins are in preschool ;) Hope the weekend was great!