Thursday, August 28, 2008

peaches peaches peaches

It is a rewarding feeling when you see the jars all lined up and ready to put in the store room. I got up at a quarter to eight this morning and the boys were in a decent mood; so I figured I might as well get started. Peaches are my favorite thing to can. The sampling throughout the process is delicious. I always sort my peaches to start out with the ripest first and then I rinse them and start peeling and slicing. I was on a pretty good roll, it helped that the boys played outside and were in great moods. By 1:00pm I had zero dirty dishes, one clean kitchen, two sleeping boys, and thirty quarts of beautiful canned peaches.







I have the other half left to do tommorrow if they ripen enough, if not then I will can my spagetti sauce tommorrow and do the last of my peaches on saturday.







Now, I get to relax a bit and get ready for my class tonight. Hope you have a great thursday and God Bless, Christina






P.S. I am feeling guilty for taking credit for the two sleeping boys, I gave them they're sandwich for lunch while watching PBS and they were so quiet all of a sudden. I went to look and they had put themselves to sleep. I guess they were whupped from canning too!

9 comments:

Candy said...

wow- look at you!!! PRECIOUS PRECIOUS PRECIOUS

Manuela said...

Good luck with the job! Isn't it wonderful to be able to put things in God's hands and know that it will all come out just the way it needed to?

I ADORE peaches (it seems that I love everything you've got) We just got some lovely, huge peaches at the market today. This week was spent in canning tomatoes and some apricot jam. I may just be eating the peaches fresh!

new*me said...

awww....sleeping children.....priceless! Your pics of peaches have made me crave fresh peach pie.......that and blueberry are my favorites!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

I love canning!

Peaches, applesauce, salsa...

Here are my salsa pics from last year: http://queentomy3boys.blogspot.com/2007/08/fridays-work.html

The boys falling asleep on the couch is sweet. Tuckered!

heather j said...

I don't know how you have all the energy to can so many things and take care of the kids. Gotta love PBS though!!!

My tomatoes have not even started to ripen and will probably ripen while we are gone on our vacation. I didn't plan that very well. I think our raspberries will be at their peak while we are gone as well. :( Next year we will not take a vacation around Labor Day. Live and Learn. So now I am not sure if we are going to get anything canned. We'll just have to see.

Good luck with the rest of your canning!

virginia said...

you go girl.good job.the boys look so cute

Elena said...

Your peaches looked gorgeous. Canned peaches are my favorite canned food. I can eat a whole bowl full of them. The shots of the boys sleeping is just precious!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Nothing cuter than sleeping kids! Those peaches look yummy :)

Purple Teacup said...

YUMMY peaches! Adorable kids!