Succotash Tuesday!

Okay, Succotash is back this week. Why? Well because it has been a mixture of many things day.

For starters I was so blessed to have my grandma spend the day with me. We started out on the back patio with a great breeze and the boys were playing while we cleaned lots of green beans and lots of beets. We took our time and just enjoyed visiting and my rose garden. Oh that's right I haven't shown you my rose garden yet. Well here are my beauties. And this is only the center of my rose garden. I will take another picture because these bushes have doubled plus I have another 7-8 bushes that aren't in the picture.



Then we had a great lunch with some fresh sweet corn out of my garden and a mixture of other tasty things. Big Mister ate 3 ears of corn. We finished off our afternoon with a great big slice of sweet and juicy watermelon. Since my grandma is amish I had to take her home, not that that is a chore by any means.

We then made a run to our local wal-mart to get a few items with my friend Layla who has another very special date (yeah) tommorrow and is fixing a picnic with my too cute heart shaped picnic basket. we came back and made cupcakes and put Little Mister to bed since it was 8 o'clock and he is so on a schedule. I decorated a special cupcake for my sweetie since he has been working so hard lately and I miss him.



















Oh, I almost forgot, we also made these fabulous granola balls for the cookie monsters in my house.
























Here is a picture of my sleeping baby...
























and here is a picture of my big baby not asleep at 10 o'clock waiting for daddy!
























And let's not forget the fabulous beets... the pints are pickled beets and the quarts are regular beets!

Popular Posts