Succotash Tuesday!


I have really been enjoying my new scrapbooking corner. I borrowed my friends cricut machine and went to town on some of the pictures for Little Misters first year scrapbook. I posted some pictures but for some reason the quality that is uploaded really ruins the vibrancy of my colors.


I have on my agenda for today to can some mild banana peppers in sweet garlic brine and I will cut them in rings so that they can be used in salads, sandwiches and on pizza or plain.
Also, I will be pulling some of my strawberry plants to replant in a raised bed for my grandma. She just wants to be able to pick some fresh strawberries to enjoy and not have to go through all the work of having a patch that produces enough to freeze. I will use lawn fabric also so she won't have to weed as much either. i am hoping that it will turn out just great.
and of there is the laundry that I did'nt get done yesterday.
I am constantly reminded that the value that is placed on a child depends on who they're parents may be, or what personality they might have, are they hyper, or are they quiet as mice. Do they have the cutest little face or say and do the most adorable little things. When I here people make general statements about a child that attacts they're worth, whether the child here's it or not I can not help but hurt for that little one. I am talking children of all ages, toddlers to 10 or 11. But occasionaly, and it is getting more frequent than before the children hear and feel that they aren't as important as the boy with a cool father, or the little girl that isn't chubby. This is a burden that I alone cannot take on and fix and I understand that they're are nasty people out there that will always be like this; but when it starts affecting my family and extended family I get a huffy and my blood starts simmering abnd eventually comes to a rolling boil. I detest the fact that people think they can pick one sibling and label them more important or special and another sibling considered having a lower worth. All children are created equally by God and are a blessing some children just have special needs and when given the proper amount of attention and love in a manner they are able to recieve that love they are then able to overcome some of those special needs. This is an issue that through god's grace I will no longer tolerate. I knew this would be a heavy subject but it is one that I needed to talk about to avoid the 'rolling boil'.
i hope you all have a blessed day, Christina

Popular Posts