Wednesday, October 15, 2008

how time passes

7:00 a.m. the alarm wakes me up ( the boys)

7:45 a.m. I lay back down, the boys have they're sippy's and a movie

8:45 a.m. The boys wake me up (oops, it's been an hour)

8:50 a.m. I think ' I need some more sleep

9:00 a.m. Little Mister throws a tantrum on the floor of my bedroom. I lay down and watch

9:10 a.m. I ask Little Mister if he wants to lay down with mama. He gets in the bed, Big Mister watching PBS

9:10:30 a.m. Little Mister is snoring, Yes, Mama gets a nap.

11:30 a.m. I wake up and Little mister is still sleeping, I sneak away and find Big Mister still watching PBS, WHEW!

Now, I will add that I have not been feeling up to snuff and all the doors have double locks and we have a very child proof home. I did feel tons better after my second nap. Almost motivated to accomplish a few normal not to assertive tasks. I came to the conclusion that a long road trip, an amish funeral, a wedding, a teething toddler, a possible touch of the flu and unhealthy food (not by my choice) all in one week is an equation that my body does not appreciate and I must be getting old because it's taking to long to recuperate.

That's my day hope you had a good one, Christina

8 comments:

Mari said...

I've had days like that too. Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Hope things get better quickly :)
(at least you got a nap!)

Elizabeth said...

i've totally had similar days...i always feel guilty for it...but at the same time, we do need rest and there are just going to be days like this...exhaustion is just overwhelming! hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

All you need to do is add a pregnancy to the mix and you'll be hooped! *wink*

Glad you got to enjoy some extra rest!

Jessica's Journey To Being One Hot Mom! said...

LOVE the run down! So funny! I bet big mister was just fine on his own watched PBS. :) Glad you got some more sleep!

new*me said...

Feel better soon. My kids NEVER sleep past 6:30 ;)

Candy said...

oooooohhhhhh........we have VERY SIMILIAR days;-)

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Your body was telling you it needed a rest, girl! :) So glad you got to take a nap - you deserved it after the week you've had.