Monday, November 3, 2008

Good bye is only for a little while!

Today is bittersweet for me. One of my little sisters is leaving on an adventure today. I say my goodbyes late last night. But I keep wondering all morning is she ready, has she got all her important papers, is she excited or scared or both, how will it be to not hear her voice and constant chatter for two months. You see she's leaving for the country Brazil for two months, and she has a special beau waiting there for her. This will be the first time she meets his family and she's excited to expierience his culture. He comes from a christian family of four. He is kind and very adoring of my sister. I am so envious of all she gets to expierience but also very happy for her. She has had so many obstacles the last couple months and she is constantly in prayer and wanting the will of gd for her life. I admire her perseverance and her strength as she embarks on her journey. It is with a lump in my throat and a few tears that I say goodbye and pray for safe travels. If you new her you would know she is the peacemaker in our large family of ten and she is an encourager, always willing to do for others and a servant at heart.




God bless Anita, have a great time, and remember we Love you very much!

8 comments:

llama mama said...

I have a lump in my throat as I write this. I too, will miss her so much. She has been such a blessing to me here at the house. She'd come over alot to webcam to Brazil and we got to talk alot. She certainly wants what the lord has for her and has her eyes wide open. I believe she will be safe and secure while she is in the care of Ismael's family. Can't wait to see her already. You have a very supportive sister. Esther

Vixbil said...

I hope she has an amazing time and enjoys meeting his family
xx

new*me said...

that sounds like so much fun!! I love the picture in the snow :) I didn't see my sis for over 2 yrs when we lived out of state and that was so hard!!

Mari said...

What an exciting time for her. I understand your mixed feelings though. I am close to my sisters and would have a hard time saying good bye for 2 months!

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Oh, I hope she has a fantastic time over there...I know she is going to experience so many great things. It's always hard to be separated from someone you are so close to though...I understand!

Elizabeth said...

i thought the trip was shortened? has it been put back to 2 mos? i know she'll have the BEST time!!!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Awwww....I hope she has an amazing time and that time passes quickly for YOU!

Anonymous said...

Christina! You are such an wonderful sister! I always seem to cry at the way you are always so thoughtful to me! I cry more when I am alone to abserve things! Anyways thank-you and I am praying for special blessings to be on you and all in your family in these 2 months as God is blessing me also!-Love AnitaKay!