Friday, November 7, 2008

Where do I start?

I visited some of you all yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't get my post up. I had started at about 9:30 in the morning raking leaves in the front yard, and the next door neighbor was so gracious and brought his leaf mulcher over. He had 3/4 of the leaves picked up and mulched by the time I had 10 bags of leaves raked and picked up. he put all the mulched leaves in a pile then all I had to do was put them in a bag. Mulching eliminates about half the amount of bags and it makes so I didn't have to do all that raking. I ended up with 25 bags in the front yard and then I got started on the backyard. Growing up we would take a flat sheet and lay it on the ground and rake all the leaves onto the sheet. It saves so much time picking up and i can get about 3 wheelbarrow loads on the sheet at one time. I am walking like an intoxicated santa but at least it is quicker. After about 15-20 of those loads I called it a day, plus it was dark so I couldn't see where to rake anymore.
This morning I awoke feeling every fiber of muscle that resides in my body and they are all screaming at me for hurting them soooooooo much. Well boo hoo but I am taking a few tylenol and going back out in a bit to get it done before bad weather hits us. My husband should love me lots by then!LOL!

I am meeting with my friend tonight to finish a scrapbook for the baby shower we are doing on Sunday for a friend. We still need to get the grocery shopping done for it and then tommorrow we will do the cooking and hopefully have a great time on sunday. I guess that means I better clean my house as well since it will be here. HUH?

As you can see I have many tasks and better get to them, have a great weekend, Christina

6 comments:

Elena said...

Wow, you are one busy girl:) We don't have any trees in our yard so the leaves are a minimum as we just get ones floating in from our neighbors. I am thankful for that, but I do miss the shade! God bless you and all your wonderful activities!

Candy said...

something i have learned about sanity- is that staying busy with my brain and body are MANDATORY for survival.

i'm glad your tasks ahead of you are fun!!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I guess that would be one good thing about no fall here (and ever green trees!).

I bet it was pretty though!

new*me said...

I love baby showers!!!!! I remember being so sore from raking last year and lots of blisters. We are doing the big raking event next weekend......it's just too windy right now. The raking we did this past weekend was nothing compared to what it's like when all the leaves are finally down!

Have fun cleaning :)

Vixbil said...

So busy but so productive.
xx

Monica said...

Have fun scrapbooking! I love getting into one of those creative zones!