Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting out!

My husband and I have made plans with a sitter to stay with the kids tonight and we are going out on a date. We have some shopping we want to do and then out to dinner. It seems like forever since we have been out together with out the boys and am looking forward to it.
However at the time of this arrangement I had not realized the plans in the weather several days later. Currently it loks like a whiteout utside my window and it has been snowing since 3am and doesn't look to slow down till early afternoon. Depending on the road conditions we may need to cancel so our babysitter won't be stuck in the horribble weather.
We will just see as the day goes by, at least we had something to look forward too, and maybe after Christmas we can get out.
How about you, do you get out on a regular basis with your hubs for a date, or am I silly for calling it a 'date' since we are already married?

Hope you have a great day, and if you are in blizzard area's enjoy the snow, Christina

6 comments:

Elena said...

Wow, I hope you get to go out, but most importantly that you stay safe:) My husband and I are going to a really nice dinner house in a near by tourist town that was a gold rush town in the 1850's. It is my husband's favorite place to eat. His folks are going to be taking care of Mary. We have a light snow here,just enough to make it look pretty.

Wendi @ Every Day Miracles said...

How great! Dave and I have the SAME plans!! :) We are going out to dinner and to finish up some Christams shopping. I can hardly wait. :)
Isn't this snow storm incredible?? Dave's mom is going to be watching the boys and Dave will be picking her up and bringing her back home in his 4 wheel drive truck. :)
I hope it works out for you guys to get out. Such fun times!

Mari said...

You must live near me because the same thing has been happening here. I made it to work and back home, and I'm really glad to be here!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I hope you get to go out :)

We have been married 11 years and we still call it date night ;)

heather j said...

I hope you were able to get out. And I thihnk that "Date" night when you ar married is soooo very important. A therapist once told me that we should make it a habit to do date night once a month. And that doesn't necessarily mean to go out with a babysitter. But it is a huge plus to actually leave the house without the kiddos attached.

Dan and I are headed out for the day today. Shopping, movie and dinner. We are very excited :)

Elizabeth said...

great to see you & the boys tonight. you look sooooo good! :-) look forward to more Holiday fun!