Monday, February 9, 2009

Fireproof

Have you all have seen the movie 'Fireproof' yet?
My husband and I meet with a small group for couples twice a month and the focus is to learn about one another and better our marriages through God's word and encouragement. Our group on saturday night watched the movie fireproof. I really wanted to see it and expected something along the lines of 'facing the giants'. I expected wrong, I absolutely loved the movie and the message in it was so well done that I am amazed the secular world kept it in theaters as long as they did.
All of the couples that night could identify with some part of the storyline in one form or another and the discussion after the movie was great.
If you haven't seen the movie, make it an at home date night, or invite some of you're married couple friends over and watch it together.
Enjoy the movie and if you have already seen it let me know what you thought.
Have a great day,
Christina

11 comments:

Candy said...

Not only am I amazed that it was allowed to be shown in public, but it has been in theaters for MONTHS! It's crazy.

Wendi @ Every Day Miracles said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing fireproof too!! I hope to be able to sometime this weekend. I was glad to read you review of it! ♥

Mari said...

We saw it and loved it! I too was amazed that they kept it in the theatres, with the strong message it gave. I've recomended it often.

new*me said...

I haven't seen it. It sounds incredible!

Vixbil said...

I've never even heard of it but am going to look it up now. Sometimes movie names get changed over here so i'm off to investigate
xx

Vixbil said...

Oh my goodness, I have just read about it and it looks amazing. Just tried to buy it so we can have a 'Fireproof' night and I can only get it from USA and that means it won't play on my annoying british DVD player....gutting
xx

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

I agree...we just saw it about 2 weeks ago, and I really enjoyed it. And I was also shocked that it was in theaters for so long...amazing.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Mike has been on me to see this--I am not a movie person BUT we do plan on renting it soon. Thanks for the review. I did like "Facing the Giants"

Elena said...

I have not seen it but I will try and check it out soon! I look forward to watching with my hubby.

Elizabeth said...

we are planning to watch it w/ friends this Saturday for Val's day! can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love "Fireproof"!! My husband and I just recently watched the movie and WOW we loved it. We've been talking about to so many people. If you don't already know, the "Love Dare" book is available for you to take your very own 40day jouney!! This is such an amazing tool to be able to use and reach out to the secular world. In fact, my husband has a coworker he met about 8 months ago that is Muslim and while training him, my husband has been able to minister the word of God to him and really explain to him some key differences in Christianity and the Muslim faith that the young man had never been made aware of. Since then, the young man and his wife have read christian books like "The Five Love Languages" and have went to see "Fireproof." Two days ago the young man was so excited to tell my husband he was on day 2 of the 40day "Love Dare" book from the movie!! He and his wife are now both activly participating in healthy Christian living. How awesome is God!
From: Iactuallypostedacomment;)